September 29, 2008

Attention starved children

It's been over a week since I posted anything. Life has been busy this week! The first part of the week was normal, just the daily stuff of life- church on Sunday, one of the dreaded stay-at-home days on Monday that the kids dislike so much, playgroup on Tuesday at the Pittmans...though it was a special day, because it was Avery's 2nd birthday. He had fun playing with friends, then that evening they all got to play with friends again. My friend Alison was a wonderful friend as usual, and let us drop the oldest three off at her house so James and I could have our Tuesday date night. It was exciting too...we went to Lowe's! They were kind enough to send me a new store credit card and an enticing 12 months same as cash offer on new purchases, AND a gift card. Lowe's loves me. And my money. Anyway, it worked, and we took Elizabeth with us and bought a few wish-list items for the house like shelving for the garage, blinds for the upstairs rooms, and cabinet knobs and drawer pulls for the kitchen. Fun!

 
Here's Avery at playgroup on his 2nd birthday, September 23, 2008

Wednesday we had gymnastics, and then made a trip to Wal-Mart in Dahlonega. I usually save paper goods, diapers, that kind of stuff for a Wal-Mart trip when I can, since it's cheaper there than at Ingles in town. It's amazing how a cart can fill to overflowing at Wal-Mart. (Granted KIDS took up some of this space!) I also picked up stuff for the upcoming birthday party for Avery and Shannon. Pictures of that event to be posted soon. Wednesday night was church as usual.

Thursday was another day spent at home until that night when we went to Rebecca's for our usual dinner group. What enjoyable weather! It's funny to see the mix of clothing we all wear and put on our kids this time of year. Mine were in shorts and T-shirts, others were in jeans and/or long sleeves. If the temperature is 68 degrees in the spring we're all in our shorts and flip flops. If it's 68 degrees in the fall we all drag out our jeans and sweaters.

If you'd like to see what attention starved children we have, check out these pictures. I was on the phone one day this week, which somehow turns me into a magnet for the kids. I have been known to flee to the bathroom and lock the door if it's an important conversation. This day they each had 152 very important things to tell or ask me during the phone call, so I tried to hide on the back porch. When I got off of the phone, here's what I found.
 
Notice anything about their faces?
 
This would be red ballpoint pen.
 
Posted by Picasa
And this would be orange marker.

Apparently they were thinking,"If we're not allowed to interrupt her conversation, we'll just get her attention some other way!" Brilliant plan. I believe the children are our future.

And here's one from this week, just because it's cute. This is Elizabeth first thing in the morning. Imagine kicking feet and waving hands. She's a happy girl!


'Night, y'all!

No comments: