August 14, 2008

This week

It's been nearly a week since I've posted anything, though I'll admit I've been thinking about it a good bit. (I see how I could become a blog addict.) I don't know where all the time goes each day. James and I were discussing today the need to get life more organized. I feel like a scatterbrained airhead about half the time anymore. I call it "swiss cheese brain," stuff I'm supposed to remember just falls out the holes! I blame this on four pregnancies and now four little people and one big person I have to keep up with. Make that two big people, I was talking about James but I guess I should include myself as well.

Let's see, this past week...oh yeah. Saturday we hosted a 3-D archery tournament at camp. The turnout was small, but it was a good start to what will hopefully be a yearly event. The kids and I got to see second cousins Gracyn, Bailey, Abby, and Kendel. It was a fun day, wrapped up with camp leftovers for dinner at the house with Grandmommy and Grandad (my parents).

Sunday James was gone all day to an expo in Macon that the Georgia Outdoor News puts on, a big hunting/fishing/outdoors type thing. He set up a booth for camp to attract new campers. We went to church without him that morning, and this was the Sunday that the kids moved up to their new classes. Amelia is now across the street at the gym, which she took in stride. Avery ran into his new class with a "bye bye," which was great since he's taken to crying when left in his old class. The new one has better toys! Shannon likes his new class as well. Amelia is now going to "big church," and sat quietly with the magazines she had brought to overcome the "boring" parts. Amazing that you can know what "boring" is when you're only five! Elizabeth went to the nursery for the first time while I went to Sunday School. It's no small feat to round up four kids by yourself, and it took me nearly 20 minutes. After naps that afternoon we went to the Cleveland Park to play.



Monday through Wednesday we were at my parents' house in McDonough. I've been needing to see my grandparents, and this was my first opportunity after the rush of the summer with camp. It was fun to introduce Elizabeth to Nanny and to Granny and PaPa.
Nanny particularly loved time with Elizabeth, and held her through more than one nap. Elizabeth has started cooing regularly this week, and is starting to laugh now too.
Wednesday afternoon we rushed to church from McDonough and the kids started another round of new classes, Preschool Choir and Mission Friends for Shannon, and GA's and Kids' Choir (K-5th) for Amelia. I went to the Middle School youth group program that night and was amazed at the kids in there who were just little guys when we joined the church. Then I started to get sad when I thought Amelia would be there herself in just SIX short years!!

Tonight we hosted our Thursday night group, which was fun. We've faithfully gotten together with friends every Thursday night for five years. It started as an accountability group with a few girls and I, and has grown to include husbands and (when everyone is present), TWENTY kids, mostly preschool-2nd grade. Pure craziness, yes, but loads of fun. Tonight we just had 8 kids. It was a quiet night. Some day I'll include pictures of the gang.

It's again way past my bedtime, so I'll sign off. I had to tend to Elizabeth just a few minutes ago anyway, and now she's sleeping again...for awhile, I hope! Of all of our kids she has had the most problems with belly aches for some reason. I've never been so glad to hear the sound of gas passing! Nevermind, I hear her fussing again. I'm off to save the night.

No comments: