November 4, 2008

Fall at Strong Rock

I've been taking pictures for the past few days because it's so beautiful here at camp. God has done a great job painting this fall. I just thought I'd share a few pictures.
Here's the road into camp. The drive on the left goes up to our house. You can see one of the cabins to the left as well.

The mountains behind camp are called the Horse Range. Camp's property includes a great deal of the lowest peak. Most of the land behind it is in the Chattahoochee National Forest. If you've ever seen Strong Rock's logo, these mountains were the inspiration. (If you haven't, go to www.strongrockcamp.com.) Actually, you should probably do that anyway. :)

Adams Lake. I wish the color showed up a little better. I need some fancy photo editing software.

A view of the lake through the trees, taken from my back porch.

This one shows the leaf color a little better.

Pretty, huh?

Even with all the fall color, the rosebushes by my house are still beautiful too. They bloom all spring, summer, and fall. Anyone know what kind they are? I forget.

The woods just off of my back porch.

And here's what I did this morning. I'm sure you did too, as the fate of the nation as we know it will be decided today. I'm praying....

Here's where we vote, the volunteer White County Fire Station Number 6. There were three voting booths, and when I got there one was empty. They had a mad rush at 6:30 that morning, and said 30 people were waiting when they opened. I love small town living.

Deciding which presidential candidate to vote for was easy. It was the local stuff that was heated. Yesterday we got a flyer in the mail telling us about the evils of one man running for repesentative. It said, "Charles Jenkins didn't want to attend the Blairsville Sorghum Parade." There's a picture of a man- evidently NOT Charles Jenkins- riding in a car in the parade with the caption, "'Fake Charles' Riding in the Sorghum Parade." Well, let me just tell you, that decided it for me RIGHT THERE AND THEN!! My mom was here over the weekend and commented that wouldn't it be nice if that was the biggest thing we had to worry about. Amen.

Well, I'm off to get ready for a date. Elizabeth and I are going out with James tonight. Mindy Cook, a former Strong Rock summer staffer and horseback riding buddy of mine VOLUNTEERED to keep our kids so we could go out! So we're going to dinner and to see Fireproof, which I figured I'd have to wait to see until it came out on DVD. This is truly a rare event. I'll let you know later how taking a five month old baby to a movie went. Thanks, Mindy, you're awesome!

I'll post Halloween pictures and last week's stuff soon. Have a great Election Day, and remember (as I keep reminding myself) that no matter what the outcome GOD IS STILL IN CHARGE!

Later.

1 comment:

Joni said...

The fall colors are gorgeous!