June 26, 2012

February, the shortest month, the shortest blog post

Apparently I let 29 days go by without picking up the camera. (It was a leap year.) Upon my review of the February calendar nothing of great excitement jumped out at me, which is probably why I didn't pick up the camera. Or I could say that it proves my dedication to being the best teacher and mother to the kids, and best wife to my husband I could possibly be, which is why I didn't have time to pick up the camera. Yeah, that's it.

I did have a birthday in February, on the 18th, which I suppose is worth noting. I am officially 38 now. My first thought is,  "How did this happen?" My second thought is, "Ew." My third thought, which should have been my first thought, is, "Praise the Lord, He has given me this many wonderful, awesome, amazing, blessed years!" If I were to complain about any of the 38 years I've been on this planet, I'd just be whining. Teeny violins would begin playing everywhere, and a collective cry of "Wahhh," would come up from the crowd.

I do wonder why we have to have wrinkles and grey hairs, and why so much of the population now calls me "ma'am," when I feel just exactly like I did when I was 20. I'm still getting used to it.

For my birthday/Valentine's Day celebration James took me to the Valentine's dinner at church. There was a comedian and several friends were there, so it was an enjoyable evening. It also happened to be on a Friday night, so our kids went to the D's without us for our weekly Friday night dinner. We popped in just in time for coffee and a second dessert.

That's all I remember about February. Wow, this catching up on my blog thing may be easier than I thought it would be!

No comments: