May 16, 2009

The promised pictures and then some

I got my camera and card back from Jenny (who has been documenting her kids' end of school activities this past week), and am just now getting around to posting the pictures that were on the card. She added a few I didn't have to my card from other activities we were both at the past few weeks. So here are the promised Fun in The Son musical photos. Well, the photos aren't actually musical, but the musical was...musical. Anyway, there are some from the musical musical which was two Sundays ago, plus a few other random shots. This won't be a real Corie's life post, I'll save the weekly summary drivel for another day. I've got some saddles to clean. (I'm planning to watch Hidalgo while doing it. Nothing like cleaning saddles in front of a horse movie.)

Didn't the set look great? The kids who were the main characters did a fantastic job.

Here she is, our little clam!



The kids who finished their devotion and memorized their verses got a special T-shirt to wear. I re-emphasized many times that we were doing the devotional to know God better, not to get the T-shirt, but she was still excited about getting it. Been there, did the devotional, got the T-shirt.



Our friend Maggie sings a solo.

The next few pictures are random shots from the past few weeks.

Playgroup at the Cleveland park this past week. Doesn't that look suspiciously like a gun strapped to my shorts? James would love it, but it's just my ginormous phone. I could probably defend myself with it if I had to.

Shannon's on the verge of understanding how to pump a swing, but he's not quite there yet.

Elizabeth loves to swing. Hey look, a rare shot of her with a bow in her hair. I've nearly given up on them now since she immediately yanks them out and tries to eat them. She is funny after she gets it out though, she'll usually try to stick it back on top of her head.

Another playgroup, several weeks back. We played in the gym at camp, then took a field trip to the barn to see some horses. You haven't truly golf carted until you've chauffered eight kids 5 and under.

One of my favorite shots of my good buddy Alison, and little Tozer barely in the shot by her foot. (Alison, please don't kill me for posting this for all the world to see.) It's funny how many people have gotten the two of us confused at church. It's easy to see why, since we both sport this "I-spend-all-day-with-little-kids-and-am-slightly-crazy" look. (Neither of us would trade it for a gazillion bucks, though.)

Is this looking familiar? The was a day a few weeks ago when the Davidson family spent all afternoon working at camp to help discount the cost of camp tuition for their oldest two. They split and stacked a very large pile of wood. I came by to watch.

End of the day frolics. Everybody had to get a big rock to throw.

Wheee!!

Shannon got to help run the log splitter.

He's such a man. He loves man stuff, loves to help, and James and I look forward to using these gifts of his around camp when he gets a little older.

Another random shot. Amelia had Ruth over to spend the night week before last. She put on her best outfit to celebrate the occasion.

And for the last random picture of the post...

James reading to the kids. He really is the best story reader, complete with voices and sound effects. My mom enjoyed story time too. She never learned to read, poor thing. (I'm spreading lies. Just for fun.)

Another post to come sometime soon. I will be instructing a horseback riding certification clinic this next week, Wednesday through Friday, so it may have to be after that. We'll see how it goes. (In other words, how I'm doing with getting stuff done.)

Adios!

1 comment:

Mama D! said...

Thanks a lot for blaming me for your delinquent blogging! Goob! So, maybe I did have ALL the photos... but that shouldn't have stopped the wordage! You could have posted the long words and added in the pictures later. See, it's really NOT my fault! :)
And the picture of Alison was courtesy of Shannon. I'm pretty sure he took all those half faced, sideways shots.